It’s hard to believe we are approaching our two-year anniversary as a church. On Sunday, May 1, Restoration Church will gather together to celebrate what God is doing. We will be having ONE gathering (10:30am) so we can all celebrate together. In addition to celebrating our two-year anniversary, we will be celebrating many people who will be following Jesus in believer’s baptism (you can sign up here). It’s a true joy to be a part of what God is doing. There are a few things I want to mention as we continue to love the people of the city of Wake Forest:
- We have an unprecedented opportunity to impact this community:
The hands of God have uniquely positioned us to reach this community for Him. Also, He has given us everything we need to complete the assignment. If each individual will commit to “winning our neighborhood” or “winning our workplace” we will be overwhelmed by what God can do.
We do face a few obstacles as we continue to move forward. The things that limit our potential here in Wake Forest are Finances and Leadership. This leads me to my second thought…
- We are challenging our people to OBEY and EMBRACE:
We need each and every member to OBEY. It is so easy for us to slip into comfortable. It is easy to withhold from God what is rightly His. It is easy for us to forget the overwhelming generosity of Jesus’ gospel.
Also, we are asking each member to EMBRACE. If we will embrace the promises of God and place all of our chips on the table, God is sure to do the “immeasurable.” There are a few particular things we are asking you to embrace:
- LOVE LOUDER!
- Love every person who walks through our doors (Sunday AM and Small Groups).
- Love the people who live, work, and play next to you.
- GROW DEEPER
- Commit to investing into your small group; not just attending. Be an active part. Use your gifts in your group for God’s glory.
- Commit to reading the Word, prayer, and falling deeply in love with Jesus.
- Commit to give generously. Create a giving plan and stick to it.
- SERVE PASSIONATELY
- Plug in and serve the church. This is not what God wants from you, it’s what He wants for you. Try it!
- Serve the city. This includes your neighbors. Pray and trust God to give you creative ways to serve those around you.
- We trust the Lord to “add to us daily those who are being saved.”
We are trusting God to do what only He can do – save sinners. Pray Ephesians 3:20 with us: “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us… “ Pray that God would do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine. Trust Him to do just that…in YOU!
Let us be a church that puts both our knees and feet to the gospel of Jesus. Let’s win this city for the glory of God!